- Published three issues of the magazine. The first time we've done three in one year.
- Helped bring David Aldana over to the UK to race and organised a night for him to tell stories.
- Made four different free stickers to send out with orders (weatherproof Soul, Don't Limp, Zombie and Margo).
- Had a great London street party at the Reilly Rocket.
- Raced at every UK flat track race (either me or Ben, sometimes both of us).
- Built a Royal Enfield project bike (with big thanks to Royal Enfield UK and CFM).
- Made a few T-shirts, a scarf, patch, art print and a sweatshirt.
- Signed up some new dealers (but we'd like more).
- Given Dave Skooter Farm the official title of Entertainments Officer. His first big job was Rollerburn and it couldn't have been much better. Well done Dave.
- Travelled to Italy to have a stand at the Motor Bike Expo, Verona. Back there in a few weeks.
- Had a 7in record pressed.
- Found out who our friends are.
- Posted 763 blogs.
- Commissioned three short films (Rooster, Rollerburn preview, Rollerburn: The Documentary).
- Bought a few different books, zines, patches and accessories from around the world we really like to sell through the webshop.
- Dipped a toe in Facebook.
- Had a special edition Deus x Sideburn T-shirt made by Deus Ex Machina.
- Met a bunch of great people and some exciting companies.
- Worked with fantastic writers, photographers, artists and illustrators.
We know times are hard for some people, but if you like what we do, support it when you can (at the Sideburn shop). We're not a big business, we're a tiny kitchen table operation that likes to do things properly or not do them at all. We have day jobs and families and do this in our spare time. It's not easy, but not much worthwhile is. And we're not complaining.
Rough plans for 2012:
- Make three more issues of Sideburn.
- Have a stand at Motor Bike Expo, Verona
- Have a party with Mr Martini and some of our Italian friends
- Promote a race with Short Track UK.
- Get the Royal Enfield wired up properly.
- Have a stand at the Flat Track day at the Ace Cafe (Feb 26)
- More racing.
- More stickers, T-shirts and stuff.
- Go to Finland.
- Find more books and stuff we love to sell in the webshop.
Have fun in 2012 and keep us informed with what you're up to.
Thanks for all your support.
Gary, Ben, Mick and Dave