Saturday 15 December 2012

Alex's XS650 Street Tracker

From Alex in the UK

Hey Sideburn
Just wanted to say love the mag, so cool it inspired to street track my XS650. It's a 1980 heritage special, spent a couple of G's on it but worth every penny I love it and everybody stops to ask about it! Gonna put some actual flat track bars on it but I already had these so saved a few £'s, I learnt how to weld and built it in my grandads garage with a few hand tools and absolutely no mechanical experience whatsoever! 
Anyway hope you like the pics, keep up the good work on the mag 
Cheers Alex

1 comment:

Stuman714 in Indy said...

Nice work on this. We see a lot of the XS650s here in the States being worked into street trackers. A few years ago I had a guy tell me he was doing vintage sidehack racing and was using the XS motor for power and was getting them for around $150 US for the engine in local junkyards. Great stuff, this was always a fav motor of mine since I was in my teen years. Keep up the great work guys, and thanks again!