Friday 14 November 2014

Pre-season Black

I know I'm not the only one who loves World Championship road racers decked out in pre- or post-season black with simple white logos. Here are a few from the recent MotoGP Valencia test. 
 Australian Jack Miller has leapfrogged Moto2 to move straight from Moto3 to MotoGP. I wonder if the other MotoGP new boy, Maverick Vinales will have the beating of him.
 Marc Marquez. Next in action at the Superprestigio in Barcelona, December 13.
Marco Melandri, back in MotoGP on the new Aprilia (who have also been away from the class for years). I hope it's better than their last effort in MotoGP.
Dani Pedrosa. T for Test. 
Or T for try harder? T for time's up soon? T for two? 
Best rider never to win a MotoGP title? Possibly.

Photos courtesy of motogp.com

7 comments:

Nick said...

Must say the coverage on BT Sport, is really rubbish compared with the way the BBC did it, such a shame the lost it, I know a few people who have given up on it. The coverage Moto2 and Moto3 is really sparse no proper reruns if you can't watch it at the time of the race. Hope against Hope that it might return to BBC

Unknown said...

Beautiful schemes, I wish someone had the guts to shun dayglo colours and clash with the SHOUTING rolling adverts. Airwaves tried it briefly in BSB with the black Ducatis and they were the most noticeable and striking thing on the grid when Haslam and Lavilla rode them.

I rode this around London in 2007. Wished it were mine...https://www.flickr.com/photos/thefooleryoftom/sets/72157603779196905/

Nick said...

PS, yes love the black, V stylish

Sideburn Magazine said...

Nick, I watch it for free on Monday night on ITV3, and I'm grateful for that. The BBC were very good though.

Tom, The Tech 3 bikes are black (with a little bit of fluoro green).
G

Unknown said...

Randy Mamola is the best rider to have never won a GP title, he wasn't given 7 chances on the best motorcycle. Bitch over.

Unknown said...

You're right, Gary and it's by far my favourite colour scheme, but the flouro green/yellow is a bit jarring for me.

Unknown said...

nick i dont aggree.
when would the bbc ever show 2 days of post season testing!.
and i have a soft spot for jules and wiggy too.
big love for the raw carbon too, scotts thundercat for me!!