Saturday 8 November 2014

Valley Uprising


I went over to the San Sebastien Film Festival in late-September to watch the premiere of On Any Sunday: The Next Chapter and Greasy Hands Preachers. These two motorcycle films were part of the Savage Cinema section of the Spanish festival: 'a section dedicated to adventure and action sports films'.

While I was there I also managed to see this great climbing film - Valley Uprising. Neither myself or Mrs I, who accompanied me, know a thing about climbing and it didn't matter, this is superb. It's a story of the development of climbing, told by different generations who concentrated on climbing one small area of Yosemite National Park.

While we're covering film, Sideburn has a feature on the making of the original On Any Sunday, in which we interviewed Bruce Brown, Mert Lawwill, Malcolm Smith and super fan, Eric Bostrom. It's in Sideburn 10. G

2 comments:

Nick said...

It beats Kimeridge Ledges!!!!!!!!WOW

Hairy Larry said...

The climbing film looks pretty cool...as a born Californian...ashamed to admit I've only climbed in 'The Valley'once.It is probably one of the most amazing and beautiful spots Winter or Summer..Even if you don't climb, it's a great place to camp and hike.If you ever get there...check out Toulumne meadows as well. If you cross country ski...it's amazing for that as well. The 'climber's camp' is an amazing group of people from all over the world...blew my mind.