Thursday, 30 July 2009

Barbara Fritchie Classic






From Stephen Bacon in the USA.

'I was at the Barbara Fritchie Classic (oldest continually running half-mile in the US I think - this was the 87th running) earlier this month. Sorry the "action shot" is a tad blurry - man he seemed a lot closer when I hit the button - they were movin'. I had a couple others but either I timed it wrong, way out of focus, etc. Oh well.
The Triumph did pretty well and was probably the oldest bike out there. The SV650 was pretty interesting - custom frame and no airbox / reworked throttle bodies, etc. The owner said it actually made too much power and spun up too much so he was selling it.
Great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.' Stephen

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOO MUCH POWER !!!!! SO HE'S GETTIN RID..... what's all that about then ????

Tim White said...

I was bummed to miss the BFC this year; it conflicted with MotoGP @ Laguna Seca. Not a problem next year though!

Brett said...

I have some photos and a Q&A with #50S Billy Worthington over on the Triumph Flat Track blog. He talks about the Triumph and how he came to be on it at the Barbara Fritchie Classic.

http://www.triumphflattrack.com

pushrodmofo said...

"TOO MUCH POWER !!!!! SO HE'S GETTIN RID..... what's all that about then ????"

Not sure - that's what he told me. (By 'he' I mean the rider's dad who owned the bike.) I assumed he meant power delivery was too abrupt, or maybe the FI didn't suit him and he couldn't get the traction he needed? I'm guessing he wasn't too familiar with SVs and preferred to wrench on XRs.

Brent said...

ITS BACK
Check out the Barbara Fritchie Classic Motorcycle Race...
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=80525066933&ref=ts
keeping tradition alive....oldest running half mile flat track race in the States.

www.barbarafritchieclassic.com

Oliver said...

vintage class this year!! im in!