Monday 16 November 2009

Fender Jaguar


I know eff-all about guitars. I can't play one. I don't if I can even hold one right, but I knew this was a Jaguar without checking. Handsome geetar. I also like to think that the rider is Bud Ekins. I have nothing to back this up, except, it looks like him from this angle, because he's about the right size and build. And he's on a Triumph. And that lid looks like the Bell he wore. And who would you trust to jump a bike for an advert? I want it to be Bud. Anyone know?
Advert taken from Motorcycho.

4 comments:

missinglink said...

I always wanted a Jaguar , till that knobhead from Nirvana started playing one .

Sideburn Magazine said...

I always wanted a knobhead till that guitarist from Nirvana got one. G

Josh said...

The Rider is my Grandfather Lloyd A Larson. He raced with Bud Many times. The ad was in Surfer Magazine in Juuly 1966. My Brother has the original print somewhere.

Sideburn Magazine said...

Thanks for filling in the gaps Josh. G