Thursday 13 February 2014

Blueprint Work In Progress

Work has begun on the next Sideburn schematic blueprint. Using photos of Alastair's immaculate Trackmaster BSA for reference and a folder full of period snaps Mick Ofield will almost literally build the drawing nut by bolt.
My fancy carbonfibre Gitzo tripod that could splay its legs as wide and low as you like went AWOL, and my Manfrotto can't go as low unless I hang it up-side-down, so I improvised with a length of 4b'2 balanced on an old Dymag formula 1 wheel (the magnesium Spitfire undercarriage wheels Alastair also had kicking about were too small for the job). BP

7 comments:

Harley said...

As the proud(ish) owner of an A65 street tracker I want, no need, a poster of that blueprint when it's done.

Adi said...

Lovely bike

Artie said...

Holy cow that is one tasty Beezer.
+1 on the poster: make it happen!

Unknown said...

i grow hanging plants in my old F1 dymags!!.

Unknown said...

This is the bike that started my love affair with the flat tracker aesthetic

Nick said...

IF BSA MADE BIKES HALF AS PRETY AS THIS THEY'D STILL BE IN PRODUCTION

Paul Duley said...

Poster please!