Tuesday 9 December 2014

Dear Santa


Can I have a trials bike just like Dougie Lampkin's, please?

While watching this brand new film a few things occurred to me.

1. I like Dougie Lampkin. 12 x World champion Yorkshireman.
2. This is a better advert for trials bikes than it is for 'energy' drinks.
3. This looks a lot like Danny MacAskill's films. Then the credits rolled and it's made by Stu Thomson, the director of many of the MacAskill films.
4. I like Finland.
5. And huskies.
6. I've never met a Finn I didn't like.
7. I have no idea what make his bike is, but it looks great with black rims.
8. That song is somewhat repetitive. G

UPDATE: Click it onto big screen and choose HD (if your internet is up to it) on the little icons in the corner.

11 comments:

Capion mc said...

I agree with all that except N°2, the best advert for trials would be the bbc bringing back Kickstart/Junior Kickstart. Bloody Marvellous!

Unknown said...

Good film...bike is one of them vertigo models..and speaking of Yorkshire ..1st indoor is at Sheffield in jan ..get yourself there its always a good nite and start to the year ...

McQmoto said...

Excellent feller - but where's his Sideburn beanie? Come on Douggie!

OILY RAG said...

Great film.

Hot Shoe said...

+1 for Kickstart but only if Peter Purves commentates and they use proper trials bikes with seats and strictly no lycra.

Hot Shoe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hot Shoe said...

I wonder if the Huskies are thinking 'ok mate, now trying doing it on a Greeves Scottish'.

Nick said...

It's not the bike it's the rider! Put him on anything and he'd be brilliant

Hot Shoe said...

Of course he's brilliant (no prizes for that) but that wasn't my point.

dael said...

Motorcycle Fun Times

Unknown said...

nice sculpture work too!!.