Friday 3 April 2015

Scaramanga, The Jogger With 3 Knees

This fitness malarkey is a joke. My body is falling apart. I don't preen my knees daily, so it was a bit of a shock on the 15th day of jogging to discover I had developed a 3rd knee. No Joke. Even the Doctor was Googling Synovial Effusion for more info. There are some gross DIY remedies on Youtube whereby you syringe out the excess gunk. I'm not man enough for home surgery so have booked a professional to do the job - just two days before leaving for my Sahara adventure. So in the meantime, before I leave in a week, I'm confined to kitchen floor exercises.
But in good news this week, somewhere I've lost 1 whole kilo / small pebble! This is as close as I'll ever get to a six-pack. BP

2 comments:

capnsimo said...

Ahhh Housewifes Knee, I had it, a boiled egg under back of knee, fantastic fun;
Bursitis is inflammation and swelling of a bursa. A bursa is a fluid-filled sac which forms under the skin, usually over the joints, and acts as a cushion between the tendons and bones
The main symptoms of bursitis are pain, swelling and tenderness in the affected area.A bursa can become inflamed through injury or repetitive movement.
Your risk of developing bursitis is increased if you regularly take part in physical activities that involve a lot of repetitive movement, for example running (bursitis in the ankle) or playing darts (bursitis in the elbow).
I personally would give the darts a rest.....
xxs

capnsimo said...

Possibly further aggravated by wearing of blue tracky bottoms and red socks...be aware...