Sunday 10 January 2016

Lincolnshire

Sometimes I get a bit fed-up when I think too hard about living in small-town Lincolnshire, having moved here for a job I haven't had for over 15 years. There are no contemporary art galleries, no gigs within a 2 to 2.5 hour round trip, very little culture that I'm interested in, but it's not all bad. Cheap housing - by British standards; hardly any traffic; cheap vehicle insurance; decent roads; London's 100 miles one way; childhood home and family is in Leeds 110 miles the other way.

And I'm spoilt for motorcycle racing opportunities. If I was still interested in trackdays, I have Cadwell, Snetterton, Donington, Mallory Park all within an hour or so.

In summer it's DTRA or other dirt track at Peterborough (25 miles) King's Lynn (25 miles), Scunthorpe (60 miles), Leicester (60 miles), Greenfield Groove (50 miles) and in winter it's Mablethorpe Beach Racing (50 miles). I have a £500 heap of Honda on the right tyres. I neglect it all summer, then get it recommissioned in time to do a few races during the winter. Like today. Leave home at 7.30, £35 for five races, back home for 2pm.

Lincolnshire's not all bad. G

6 comments:

bikegrim said...

Nice Strapline for the Lincolnshire tourist board " Lincolnshire- it's not all bad"

Nick said...

Cadwell is still my favourite track, but I can't fault the road riding from here down in West Somerset.........RIP DAVID

MyMotoParts said...

What a beatiful photo!!

-BaRoN- said...

Add at least one zero to those miles if we (poor poor Belgians) want some dirttrack time

Unknown said...

Viva LA fenland!!!

carl said...

PROUD TO BE A YELLOW BELLY!!!!!!!??????