Wednesday 12 August 2009

King's Lynn TT


I'd just like to thank Anthony at Co-Built, Richard Rowley, BSD Motorcycle Developments and everyone at Skooter Farm Racing... That's what I would have said from the podium, given a chance. I was on the podium! Third in the Thunderbikes. Thunderbikes were on the oval . The track was lovely early, then went into a wide blue groove and I'm usually pretty good on a blue groove short track. I qualified sixth for the final, tucked into fourth and held it until Paul Harrison (4) had trouble on the brakes and me and Steve Coles slid up the inside.
The bike felt good. The misfire was carb all along. Local dyno experts BSD said my desperate stab of 270 main jet was spot on, but he machined the float to lower the needle and drilled out the air screw. It felt great at the race.

Steve at Red Max got his Vertemati TT bike ready and it looked good. Vertemati are the Bimota of dirt bikes.



Steve Hazell has built a mutant for the burgeoning minibike class and came in with a face creased with laughter after every heat.

Tim's budget CCM went well.

Tom's factory CCM was still parked as Tom's humerus is still broken.

Sideburn reader Andy Harris came along to his first flat track race. He reckons...
'Isn't bike racing Brilliant! I thought this about 50 times today at the Norfolk Arena. It's the most fun I've ever seen on track, full stop. More carnage than a slaughterhouse, and more shoving than a German queue.
Years of mechanicing on a '72 Triumph and '86 Guzzi Earlystocks racer were never as good as this.
Good to meet you, and well done! I think you're doing it right because you're making it look easy.
Trouble is, I now need to go and do this myself...I'm booking an FT experience day at Scunny.
Best of luck at the BMF!
Cheers Andy'

4 comments:

Paul said...

Well done mate!
Thanks for the edyoocashin too - I had never heard of a Vertemati before... looks cool!

Mick P said...

Nice work on the podium GI. Can't believe I spoke to you on the phone a couple of hours ago and you didn't mention it. Don't tell me you're coming over all modest - it wouldn't suit you.

Anyway, if you need me, I'll be in Brno.

Griff said...

Well done,nothing beats that view from the podium whatever step you are on.

OUTTACONTROLLA said...

Nice spot of riding again Gary ! Have a look at the engine pics on the Vertamati - all the castings are done by Bimota and there logo is on the cases !
#59