Wednesday 5 August 2009

Leo Williams - Riot photographer








I was out in Turin a couple of weeks ago working with a young photographer called Leo Williams. He was assisting Sam Barker, but had his portfolio on his phone. All his shots are great, but these blew me away, even on a phone screen. He shot these during the recent G8 riots in London, but some are like fashion shoot images (except the one below which I included to show there really was a riot going on). He shoots fashion too. He's only 21 and wears ridiculous trousers (those with the waistband lower than one's buttocks), but we'll let him off. I hope he'll shot for Sideburn in the future. GI
www.leowilliams.net.

6 comments:

Griff said...

Very talented,amazing the difference black and white (very esoteric) and colour (very Daily Mail) makes !

Sideburn Magazine said...

Griff, glad you like them, but there are actually three types of shot here - colour, B&W and, I'm pretty sure, desaturated colour. The horse rider and a lot of the close up faces are desaturated. Photographers can know mess around with all the levels in photoshop to create this effect. GI

Griff said...

Crikey that sounds complicated,I think I need to go to the shed and play with my tig welder!

Chris said...

those are rather beautiful

Andrea said...

wow..these images are gorgeous..so dramatic and interesting...

Bird said...

Excelllent work. I hope he gets some press. VERY NICE.