Sunday 1 May 2011

Dirtie Bonnie

From long-time Sideburn supporter Ivan Thelin of Old Skool Alloy...

I'm putting a low-buck build together starting with a '69 Bonneville a friend gave me on the promise I'd ride her. Bike was a neglected cafe rat bike gone silent, but had some cool bits on it. Since I'm a short tracker this one's going to be dirt
ready but street legal. My friend called her That "Dirtie Bonnie" which fits perfectly. Continuing that theme she's going together using free, cheap, and loveless parts. Here's a couple shots including one of the seat pan I made from a liberated road sign. Soon as she's running, I'll send more snaps if you like. Ivan...


We likee! G

2 comments:

Nick said...

Awarded the best use of a Road Sign!!

Skylar said...

I made my honda's seatpan out of a one way sign 5 years ago. It's held up well.