Monday 12 November 2012

Sideburn 12 on pre-sale

The latest issue of Sideburn, #12, arrives in one week. We think it's a beauty. We whittled the cover options down to two but didn't want to reject one, so we've printed two alternative. You can do things like that when you run your own magazine.
The interior of each magazine is identical, so choose cover 1 or cover 2.
Cover 1 features David Death Spray on undercover manoeuvres, Cover 2 features Christophe from Toulouse shot by Vincent Southsiders.
We're also offering 12 with the scarf combo for £15, plus post.

Sideburn 12 is now available to pre-order at the Sideburn webshop. Choose cover 1 or 2, or buy both at a reduced rate.
We put it on pre-sale to help us deal with orders without getting swamped, so we can get them in the post to buyers asap, when the mags land. We do just about everything ourselves.
If you like the blog, but have never bought the magazine, perhaps these emails from two new readers will convince you to support the mag...

I really like the style of your magazine, it reminds me that riding a bike was Rock`n Roll and not the hobby of old man (like me) with yellow signal jackets (not me!)! 
With best regards Gisbert, Germany 

Just to let you know I f*ckin love the magazine! The layout is awesome, so are the articles! Is there a way to subscribe? I don't want to miss another issue. Thank you for the good and fast service! 
Regards, Arnout, Belgium

15 comments:

Anthony Brown said...

What about those who want to buy one of each cover?? Or is it just me?

Marcus @ MarcusMotoDesign said...

Sweet cover with the sliding! I will go for that. You have speeded up the releases now, right? I love that! I have them all and won't stop buying them....

Cheers,

Sideburn Magazine said...

Anthony, it says in the blurb that you can order both at a reduced rate. Just go to the webshop, there's an option.

Marcus, no, still every four months, just three per year. You can have too much of a good thing.
G

Marcus @ MarcusMotoDesign said...

OK, then I am just getting older or have too much to do as I thought it was recently I bought SB#11... BUT IT IS A GOOD THING that about SB#12 is out, not that about getting older...

Sideburn Magazine said...

Marcus, you did buy it recently, but it has been out since July. G

Marcus @ MarcusMotoDesign said...

Right, I'm starting to forget things. I'm getting old. :-) Need to start buying it on pre-sale, order tonight! Sweden visit springtime?

Anthony Brown said...

Doh
Order placed!
Independant Press Supported.

rustyli150 said...

Do you let subscribers know when the subscription is coming to an end?

Can't remember when I started or how many mags I get for my subscription.

Sideburn Magazine said...

Rusty Li, if it's running out, you should've been sent a reminder, but email me with your current address to check.
That goes for any other subscribers too. G

Dr-Ogo said...

I have endless respect for a man tearing it up in a Gilly suit. It's unfathomable to me that you don't see it more often....

Unknown said...

how quick do the issues get out to the states? and if we have a subscription which cover will we get?
oh yeah love the mag, from Houston TX. Garagemonster.net

Sideburn Magazine said...

Edgar, do you mean how quickly does the US distributor get them or how long does the pot take from the UK?
The answer to the former is about 2 weeks after they are delivered to us by the printer.
It can take 4 days or 3 weeks for the Royal Mail and US Postal to get there act together and there is no rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes they're quick, sometimes they're not.
Gary

User.One said...

Do us subs monkeys get a choice of covers? Or if we want both do we get to add the one we weren't going to get for a cost?

Sideburn Magazine said...

User One, no subscribers don't get a choice, sorry. It gets too complicated. Yes, you can have both covers if you paypal £3.25 to our email address pronto.
Foreign subscribers have to send £5 extra, because the post charge doubles.
That is dirt @ sideburnmagazine.com
Ta
G

User.One said...

Roger