Wednesday 28 November 2012

The Surgeon's Bike

From Fabian in Austria. He's a surgeon in A&E!

I like your magazine and the bikes in it very much. I found Sideburn while I did some research about customizing bikes, because I wanted to built my own bike from my XS650. 
It is my first project and the maybe interesting point is that I'm not a mechanic, but a surgeon at a hospital for emergency and trauma surgery in Salzburg, Austria. 

I proudly present you my "KNOBBLER-XS". I hope you like it.

We have several motorcycle enthusiast in our hospital (not so many surgeons, but the cook, mechanics, house-maintaining, etc.). In September we were at the Lake Garda in the north of Italy. I rode my Sporty, not the XS. Next project will be a dirt bike style XS, I have one more in my garage...
Thank you, Fabian

7 comments:

Nick said...

Interesting, mounting the rear mudguard of the swing arm, nice close fit

Mick P said...

Certainly, ahem, a cut above.

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad he said "in our hospital" and not "in hospital." Why don't you guys like to use articles? Oh, and cool bike.

Nick said...

txcomt. it's good to have a pedant about

Sideburn Magazine said...

The guy who wrote the email and built the bike is Austrian. Didn't you read that bit? G

Sideburn Magazine said...

Don't get us started on grammar pedantry. We'll unleash Mick and you're fucked. G

Mick P said...

No, please don't get me started. OCD is a frustrating thing. Plus I've just sliced through the tip of one of my fingers with a scalpel (appropriately for this post) and typing with a wodge of sticking plaster in place is a pain.