Saturday 9 February 2013

Black Arrow update

I've been updating progress of the custom-framed GSX-R1100 on Instagram (search @sideburnmag), and also in Performance Bikes magazine, nearly every month, but I haven't put many photos up here. Sorry to the blog faithful. So, here's a catch-up.
Above, is the bike on the bench at Racefit, where I had a Legend Ti exhaust made for it. G
Matt at AH Fabrications made me this amazing oil cooler and bracket. I'm after an Asahina Monster feel. Below is the sketch I sent to him to check the feasibility.

RCD quick filler has been on a while, but this photo shows the Brembo master cylinders mounted on the front of the top yoke.
 Keihin Flatslides on the Guy Martin-polished and ported head.
 Before the engine went in.
Geoff Co-Built putting in a radical (and secret for now) mod into the tank. Lovely job. 
Getting there. G

10 comments:

stevegayton said...

I love this bike! Are you going to keep to the GS paint or do you have something else planned?

Rusty Nail Racing said...

Looking good!

Rusty Nail Racing said...

Looking good!

Marcus @ MarcusMotoDesign said...

As I have said before, Gary, It looks great! Asahina feel is there! What frontfender is that? I hope to see paint ideas soon! Cheers

Nick said...

Looking Nice,V high spec

Sideburn Magazine said...

Hi Marcus and Steve
No, not keeping GS paint and sorry, but I won't be posting my ideas before they're done, but the paint will be memorable.
G

Dan Yoder said...

Kick ass G!!

bobx said...

Best thing being built in quite awhile. Youre raising the bar Gary. Keep it up!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see this done Gary. Looking fantastic.

Hairy Larry said...

Kinda like the paint as is, but I'm sure it's going to look awesome when she's done.