Wednesday 28 October 2015

ASCII

My brain is a gooey blob. I do have maths O' Level, but numbers are definitely not my thing. I still use my fingers as an abacus. I'm easily impressed by those who do have the capacity for numerical juggling. A nephew of mine is a mathematical whizz, he works in the city (London money market) making forecast equations, whatever that means. When he takes his seven year-old kid for long boring trips in the car, they don't play 'I Spy' he sets him algebra challenges. Sounds like cruelty to me. But I'm already bearing off my off-topic post....

ASCII stands for American Standard Code for Information Interchange. Computers can only understand numbers, so an ASCII code is the numerical representation of a character such as 'a' or '@'.

If you were born before the invention of the internet, you may recollect it as a way in which to make simple drawings with numbers a millennia before the invention of Instagram and swooping pictures of cats or motorcycles.
I love the sub basic nature of this panzer humping a truck. Who wants to show how clever they are by leaving a 'drawing' of a motorcycle in the message panel? BP

8 comments:

Nick said...

You almost lost me there, but after a couple of readings 'it all makes sense' well almost

747 said...

o
I
O-=O
That's all I got. My instant attention hungry brain is already board and is telling me to go surf another blog while I instantly listen to what ever music I want and simultaneously read an online honda manual and make brief cheeky comments on instagram while my phone fills by brain with serotonin by beeping telling me I have an email and I feel like I am in complete controle of everything because I don't even need to know how to spell control because my computer knows for me. But somewhere way back in my brain is an ability to remember all my friends and family's phone numbers. I wonder if I can still access that part of the brain...Oh, wait, I have to reply to this intagram comment and thumbs up this pandora... Nope I cant remember shit!

Sideburn Magazine said...

Hi Travis,
Looks like a 1930's Douglas DT?
But you're sat on the back wheel?
Watch you don't come a cropper!
BP

Diedre Greenshields said...

........................∧ ∧
.........m/ (⌒丶´д`)
............∧◎L∠_)   )
.........../ベ ◎ _l_ノ
.......f/⌒) >イξ-イ
...../~∠、 V  / 彡─キ─
..(彡/= \_ノ
 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄

747 said...

Bravo!

Unknown said...

WTF......!

Uttan BBZ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Uttan BBZ said...


┈┈┈┈┈┈▕▔╲
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈▏▕
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈▏▕▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂╱┈▕▂▂▂▏
▉▉▉▉▉┈┈┈▕▂▂▂▏
▉▉▉▉▉┈┈┈▕▂▂▂▏
▔▔▔▔▔▔╲▂▕▂▂▂

For more check 👇
Thumbs up ascii