Saturday 3 October 2015

The Beach - A film about racing at Mablethorpe


I worked on this film with my friend James Cheadle (a superb photographer and founder of Union magazine).
We shot it earlier this year at Mablethorpe Beach Races and I supply the narration and onboard footage from my Honda 650. We had a plan to record a race commentary live from my helmet, but I dropped the expensive sound recorder in a salty puddle and killed it.

The sand racing season starts again on 18 October (Mablethorpe Sand Racing dates). They will let you race just about anything, but if you have specific questions, leave a comment and I'll try answer them.
2015 DTRA champions George Pickering and Leah Tokelove are regulars on their KTMs in the MX classes. I'm in the unlimited road bike class.

Hope you enjoy the film. G

14 comments:

Hardy said...

Awesome

bikegrim said...

Great film great film James and Gary. Makes me want to have a go but I've never even been to watch...pity it isn't closer to me

-BaRoN- said...

Rad ! Great winter hobby ;-)

Anonymous said...

That's a great advert for the club, nicely done.

Paul said...

Awesome! I've never been... makes me want to go :-)
Great movie.

Unknown said...

I'm going to give this a go this year with my brother and Ross I reckon... Looks like great fun!

Jerkyls said...

You n me Chukka, Maplethorpe and a round of DTRA FYEAH

Hardy said...

Stranger things have happened Randy

Anonymous said...

What a nice film. Well done both of you.

carl said...

Excellent film,see you there on the 18th.

capnsimo said...

Bit slow here, my mate in New Zealand raved saying have you seen......Really lovely, always bad to draw comparisons but for me, On Any Sunday, Bruce Brown, or Mickey Smith "the dark side of the lens" and Mr Brian Cox all spring to mind, eeh it warms the cockles of yer art....if only it wasn't 270 miles away....a poor excuse
xxs

Aksi Cepat Tanggap said...

keren

CameronRobertson said...

Got hooked recently with motorbike sand racing! A few guys from other self storage warehouses were into this, and lucky to get into one of the mini-sand racing they organized. Felt good to be on the bike again!

Duggers said...

Great video and story, thanks for posting. Brought back some fantastic memories. I raced for many years in the 80's at Mablethorpe on 250, 350, and 500cc grasstrack bikes. 7:30am sign on for the early tides!. I used to leave Blackpool at 4:30am to get there......