Friday 23 October 2015

Badges? We got some steenking badges!

We have a big choice of great new and favourite badges, patches and stickers in our webshop.
Go to sideburn.bigcartel.com and click Patches, badges, stickers in the categories box.

UPDATE
Free Sideburn sticker goodie bag to the first person to leave a comment telling me which band and which song sampled the end of this line from Treasure of the Sierra Madre ON THEIR 1985 song. I'll need your mailing address, so you can email it dirt @ sideburnmagazine.com G

UPDATE 2
Leigh Clark got it first on email. Big Audio Dynamite - Medicine Show. If Flaming Stars samples the line (like I said in the question), not just quotes, then Nick Thornton gets a prize too for driving a bus through my badly worded loophole. Seems the Minutemen quote it too, but not sample.

I loved BAD. I grew sideburns as a 15-year-old and have had them ever since, because of Mick Jones in BAD. And I wore BAD baseball caps at a time no one, and I mean NO ONE, wore baseball caps in Leeds (city of 1 million people in northern England). I remember thinking I looked so strange going out in it. Times have changed.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

The Flaming Stars, Bandit Country.

Sideburn Magazine said...

Not the one I was thinking off. I'll have to check that out. If you're right I'll sort you something, BUT the competition is still open. G

Frank franacapan said...

The good, the bad the skinnee 2 skinned J,s

Frank franacapan said...

I meant Skinnee J's. (Blinking spell checker)

Sideburn Magazine said...

Frank
Nope. I've made the post more specific.
Gary

Hot Shoe said...

Medicine Show by Big Audio Dynamite

Frank franacapan said...

Big audio dynamite, medicine song

bikegrim said...

Delorean in the vid as well. Very on topic!

Kirk said...

That's still a brilliant song

Hot Shoe said...

Prizes? where are the stinkin' prizes?

LC8awesomeness said...

Just read an interview with BAD/Mick Jones in one of the early Boys Own fanzines (circa '86?)...Farley, Weatherall et al. Great fanzine documenting amongst other things, the birth of acid house in the UK. BAD feature in several. The original fanzines/hardcopy reissue fetch huge £s but the ebook is available on Amazon.(http://www.amazon.co.uk/Boys-Own-Complete-Fanzines-1986-92/dp/0956189628)

PS Check out the first Amazon review/comment
...plus all "H Root"'s other Amazon reviews...very funny indeed!