Sunday 3 January 2010

Scarry Dream

This reoccurring child-hood dream of a chopper with a purple fringed awning suddenly came to life this evening. I was reading to my kids from my favorite bedtime book I unearthed in my old bedroom at my Mum's house; Richard Scarry 'Cars And Trucks And Things That Go' (1974). There it was, as mad as any Bosozoku bike that made the trip into reality. And I wondered if my own kids would start their own animal bike gang in their tiny minds instead of counting sheep? BP

4 comments:

Anders said...

Funny you should mention this book. We have read this book so many times for our oldest son (favorite vehicle the cucumber car). We even unintentionally kinda named our second son after Goldbug (Gusten Guldbagge in Swedish.)

t said...

that awning has appeared in my dreams as I sit on my bike in the rain.

Anna said...

If you want to extend the collection Ben they are still available to buy. Busy Town, Busy People I seem to remember and what do people do all day...
Me and my brothers has them. I dont remember the purple fringed chopper but its a beauty!
Anna

Anonymous said...

ahhh, childhood bike dreams!!.
does anyone remember the little die cast speedway bikes?.
my 1st bedroom wallpaper had speedway bikes on it aswell.
glory days!!.