Tuesday 13 May 2014

Sub Cool

Tidying up the hoarders mountain of my desk, unearthed this dusty snap (from a pre-digital age so I think it's from ±1999). Ater Matchless 500 racing at Assen, Holland. Love it. Not that I know anything about it. Who dares to paint their bike BROWN?! (Maybe the owner had a matching Austin Allegro). Lester mags? Ridden by (amongst others) Dave Croxford and...
Peter Williams - here at Brands Hatch in 1970.
Also related to this JPN lovely?
When I eventually get my Guzzi back on the road, I'd love a raw white gelcoat full fairing like this. BP

4 comments:

Harley said...

Would that be the "Wagon Wheels" Matchless?

Nick said...

Owned by Tom After, and developed by Peter Williams

Nick said...

Bloody Google should read ARTER

Hot Shoe said...

Peter Williams got some amazing results with Tom Arter's 'Wagon Wheel' Matchless when it was well down on horsepower compared to it's opponents. I seem to remember that the frame was made by legendary frame maker/welder Ken Sprayson.