Monday 23 April 2012

How Low Can You Go?

I've made some progress on Sideburn's entry for the Chopper Speedway class. Co-Built Lee has been busy with some mods to my XS. The Tarozzi rear-sets are now mounted on the front down-tubes. The Honda CB250RS forks I had intended to fit (to match my yokes), turned out to be early type, so only 33mm diameter not 35mm as assumed. Fortunatly Lee had some Honda CB900 (Bol d'Or?) legs, and with some deft machining now mate with the XS axle and wheels.
With a Brembo 4-pot caliper from a '90s Ducati 900SS (and others), the same as CFM Carl fitted to the SB project Enfield, up front, and a small Cagivo Mito-type Brembo on the rear, and skimming of the original thick chromey (apparently stainless steel but it's magnetic) frying pan discs, it will stop faster than it goes.
It's daisy skimming low ride so I've now ground off the sidestand and flange all together. BP

6 comments:

TC said...

And I thought I had a lot to get done to get my bike to dirt quake!!!!!

R. T. Wank said...

If you had cb250rs forks do you have a caliper? Mine is borked and I can't find another anywhere.

Sideburn Magazine said...

- never had the Honda calipers. BP

WhitelinePsycho said...

Suitably inappropriate, should be right at home, fantastic stuff. Forward controls will be key to superior handling, love your work.

ElSolitarioMC said...

luv it!!!
Bestest on the left!!!

Unknown said...

Your shed elf is gonna have to step up the pace, she needs to get that paint work sorted. Does The Early Learning Centre do spray guns?