It's time for our annual round-up. In 2013 Sideburn...
- Made three issues of the magazine using a long-established and brand new writers, great photographers and the finest illustrators.
- Had launch parties at Krazy Horse and the Mud Crab Diner.
- Partnered Stevie Gee to open a pop-up art gallery and shop in London.
- Built the Stevie Gee Kawasaki Z200 (featured in SB15).
- Went on a superb Sideburn x Corpses From Hell ride-out in the Peak District.
- Sponsored the DTRA by commissioning six artist posters to promote the UK flat track series.
- Raced with the DTRA too.
- Had booths at shows in Italy (Verona); France (Wheels and Waves and Cafe Racer Festival); our first in the USA (One Motorcycle Show, Portland), Portugal (Art & Moto) and the UK (The Trip Out and both Bike Shed Events).
- Made T-shirts and sweatshirts, woolie hats, patches and badges.
- Had top quality European independent manufacturers make Sideburn leather key fobs and silk scarves.
- Organised Dirt Quake 2 with a great pre-party by Old Empire Motorcycles.
- Attended the first European Dirt Track Festival in Spain.
- Attracted new stockists and advertisers.
- Posted nearly 600 blogs.
In 2014 we're planning to do some big stuff like...
- Produce Sideburn quarterly, going from 3 to 4 issues per year.
- Make Dirt Quake 3 (Saturday 19 July!) memorable.
- Do a mini-tour of America culminating in Dirt Quake USA (more details to follow in January).
- Attend a bunch of shows.
- Have another ride-out.
- Continue supporting UK and European flat track.
So, thanks to everyone who buys the magazine or merch, who advertises or stocks the magazine. And a massive thanks to the do-ers who are making the motorcycling world more interesting and varied every year.
Happy new year from (L-R)
Mick, Ben, Dave and Gary
(team photos by Kristina Fender and Ben Part)