Tuesday 17 June 2014

A Minha Menina


Not sure if you've heard, but there's some football* going on in Brazil. This has given my radio station of choice, BBC 6 Music, the opportunity to go nuts for South American music. One of my favourites is this 1968 tune, A Minha Menina by Os Mutantes, a trio from Brazil. The song title translates as My Girl and it was covered (in its original Portuguese) by UK band, The Bees. This is the original mated, by a fan, with a repetitive, but quite intoxicating video. Enjoy. G

*Soccerball for our North American readers.

5 comments:

Nick said...

Great

Anonymous said...

Great band ! And I'm glad that somebody knows about others good things there are here in my country. Mutantes was na amazing band in 60's and 70's and actually made a few shows but Always it's amazing ! Thanx for shared this version clip!I like :-) ... Regards

747 said...

After watching this video several times I am now more of a soccerball fan.

Nick said...

747, that's very sad

capnsimo said...

real cool, great fuzz guitar, I think its fuzz, great whatever