Saturday 14 June 2014

Decades of have to, want to, hope I can...

From Brad in Northern California

Hey guys...Brad Puckett here. Concord, CA  and a subscriber. You are among my favorite sites on the planet. Not to drag on, after too many years of life and where it takes us, I find myself pretty much washed up and burned out. Somehow, the tides of negativity and despair have changed in a pretty damm cool way. 

Riding since forever, lots in between, in the last 32 hours I have gone from nothing but hope that "someday I could....." and you know the rest....to this. In a few hours. Decades of have to, want to, hope I can....tomorrow morning I pick this up. Im 47-48, not sure. Im going flat track racing. Now. Thanks for the inspiration. Brad

6 comments:

Frank said...

Good luck,dude. Just do us oldtimers a favor and ditch that front fender, then you'll have a proper flat track machine!

747 said...

Race on!

Nick said...

Yup I agree, hate to see a flat tracker with a front mudguard. But more power to you for getting up and doing it, (A lesson to a lot of us)

av8trbrad said...

thanks guys. No worries, fender gone. I have to sort the whole bike its been sitting for a while. Action photos asap.

Hairy Larry said...

Hello Brad, What tracks you going to be racing at? Maybe catch you.. up in Auburn. Good luck and have a blast!

av8trbrad said...

Howdy there hairy. My home track was sand hill in Byron. Sold closed, bought, rumored opening soon with short track intact. Also gotta go to Lodi.