Sunday 12 October 2008

Castro's boots


Following on from our Red Wing boot post, Alastair McQ says
'Did you know they used to make the special (with crepe soles) boots worn by US Airborne troops in WW2? PPS The boots with red and white vertical stripe worn by Don Castro in the 'cool' photo were made by Ken Maely the hotshoe man, purpose built for flat tracking. The left boot had a flat, heelless sole. This unused pair went for a lot of $ on Ebay a little while back along with a Maely hotshoe - pity cos they were my size...'

2 comments:

Mick P said...

You know, I still treasure my Maely T-shirt bought back from the States for me by Sideburn's own GI, way back in 2000, maybe 2001. The printing's getting crinckled, but it's such a thing of joy. Hey, many things we treasure and get much pleasure from end up all wrinkly, but that doesn't stop us whipping them out to show anyone who'll look.

Mick P said...

Yes, yes 'brought back'. I know... Oh, for post-post 'edit' function.