Saturday 11 October 2008

Funtastic Dracula

Just in Valencia aeropuerto, after 9 hours sleep in the last 92. Dave, Louise and I had a partial Skooter Farm holiday to see the Funtastic Dracula garage punk and burlesquey-type festival. The Mummies were the reason I came but I learnt a big lesson (for the second time) - never try to relive something that was magic the first time. People who hadn't seen them were blown away, but I had, a long time ago, and it wasn't the same. It never is.
But some good things happened. I saw my favourite DJ, Johnny Alpha, do two blistering sets. If you like garage punk, 60s bump n grind, go go and surf visit his Myspace and download a mix
http://myspace.com/sirjohnnyalpha
And a Japanese trio called Theee Bats played a pre-festival party and were about the wildest live set I've seen in 22 years. And I got to interview The Mummies for Bizarre magazine. Looking back, I had a great time.
Two of Theee Bats

Lead Bat crowdsurfing without missing a beat

Johnny Alpha and fans (Louise Skooter Farm on right)

No comments: