Monday 13 October 2008

Scotty's Rotax Racer



Still getting lots of stories of street and race bikes being built. This is Scotty's from England.

'It looks like you got the photo, sorry for any confusion, my wife sent it from the computer at home, from which I am normally banned, on account that I usually end up spending money. But I have this one at work so this is the best way to talk.
Yes we did meet at the BMF, a most inspirational day. .
I have a proper job these days, but used to scrape a living building custom bikes so have done all the work myself. The donor bike was a 1990 CCM Rotax, as you can see all I needed was a small part of the frame, the engine and the log book (so could be a daylight mot and run it on the road) nice to have the option.....
But having seen the bikes in action at the BMF I am thinking about having a go next year.
What could possibly go wrong?
cheers for now.'
Scotty

4 comments:

P.A said...

Do you know what tank he is using? really intested:)

Anonymous said...

its a bsa bantam tank, won on ebay

Sideburn Magazine said...

Scotty
it could have been nice to keep the original Bantam paint-job, & have your bike badged as a BSA?!
BP

Anonymous said...

AND HE DID THE BMF NUMBER 88 AND GOT A 2ND IN THE THUNDERBIKES B-FINAL ON SUNDAY. WELL DONE MATE. WELL GOOD WATCHING ON THE SATURDAY. CHEERS J.B.