Wednesday 15 October 2008

Flat track faceplant



Chippy Wood went along with a few UK short trackers to do an exhibition race at a Speedway event at Stoke. It was going to be a nice free practice. Chippy takes up the story...

It was the first race of the night and it had already been stopped after Aidey Collins had crashed in the same place I was about to crash, the outside of the track was like cat shit and I had a bad start along with John Bell, so we had ground to make up, I was doing ok running into corners much faster than the guys in front of me but could not keep with them on the exit then I ran a little wide on turn 4, trying to get the better of Justin Hargate and Richard May, not a favorite corner of mine as I high sided there the year before landing on my head, the back end swept round like a Rolex watch lowsliding me towards the safety of the the air fence, but I missed that by a foot and went crashing on my back head first into the barrier, I would love to of stayed there for a few mins but I didn’t want them to stop this race as we where eating into speedway time, so I dragged myself to the inside, were I noticed blood falling all over my leathers, shit my head hurt!.
The medics fixed me up after the race with funny tape instead of stitches, I had a deep gash on my head and a cut on my nose where the goggles dug in, they did scare me to death with horror story’s of blood clots and brain damage, I drove home on my own determind not to pass out. O yea I bit my tongue and the inside of my mouth, my nose was bleeding too ,my lid was covered in blood.
That’s it really

1 comment:

Mick P said...

Larry Grayson has never looked so mean. Best lay off them tomatoes and oranges for a bit, eh Chip?