Sunday 9 November 2008

For Sale: UK short track racer



From Anthony. We'd really like this bike to remain a short track racer. Great entry-level bike. See if you like racing for not a massive outlay. Eligible to race short track and Thunderbike class, all for £50 a meeting (this year, anyway). More heats than most men can cope with. Take it away, Tone.

Yes I am selling the SR as I am building a new project.

I have just taken the head off lapped the valves, replaced the valve stem seals and fitted a new decent head gasket as it was burning some oil at Scunthorpe (one valve seal was leaking). I checked the piston rings etc and all looked fine.
Other mods I have completed since I bought it: Rejetted Crab and stopped it from flooding (brand new Mikuni Carb); KTM foot pegs; Star Flat track bars; XT500 tank (SR500 tank nicely painted also available); full set of proper AMA number boards; new 520 O-ring chain and spockets (smaller gauge than the original 530 chain); new gear selector shaft and spare original Yam gear lever; new clutch; Twin top-end oil feed conversion; head stock bearing replaced; new swingarm bearings; new rear brake shoes; proper Yam manual on CD; spare fork seals (not needed yet); changed and increased volume of fork oil as they were too soft, brand new rear shocks; oil changed each meeting.

I paid £1000 for it you can see the old ad on the SB blog. I have spent at least £600 in the last 3 months. So I would accept £1200. That wil include some brand new extra front and rear sprockets and a spare set of levers.
It has a full set of documents and if you wanted you could put a disc and caliper on it and MOT it on a daytime MOT pretty
quickly. I have spent a lot of money and time on it in the last few months so it should be a good one.

CONTACT: usefultone@hotmail.com

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Short track, 14th April 2007, Kings Lynn. I have only ever stopped at this north Norfolk town twice in my life; once to watch short track racing and once to watch short track racing. The Norfolk Arena was the venue on both occasions and, as a venue, offers basic, but very adequate facilities more like grass roots, which is a good thing me thinks. The viewing is exceptional from the stands (this 400m track is a speedway oval), but get close to really appreciate the speed of this form of racing.
------------
kimrennin
influencer

Sideburn Magazine said...

Is this for real or some new evil kind of web marketing I'm not aware of yet?
Someone please tell me. GI

Anthony Brown said...

Do you reckon he wants to buy my bike?

#15 said...

Cool bike!!! Start in style!