Friday, 12 March 2010
Sideburn Release Party News
Dave Skooter Farm has been working his cods off to make sure the Sideburn 5 party is going to be a night to remember.
DATE: Friday March 26
LOCATION: The British Legion, 9 Upper Dicconson St (it looks like a Tudor mainsonette), Wigan, WN12AD, Lancashire.
1. The Davida MotoPhoto crew has surveyed the room and worked out they're going to get loads of memorable images (like the one above. Check out the Enfields on the pachyderms' rumps) on the wall for a one-night only exhibition.
2. Davida are also supplying a helmet to burlesque dancer Bambi Le Beau who is debuting a brand new routine for us. The helmet will be raffled off at the end of the night.
3. The Stags will also play their homecoming gig. Think 68 comeback with peas and gravy.
4. Sideburn's official DJ Sir Johnny Alpha.
5. The new issue and Sideburn clobber (modeled here by Sideburn illustrator Nicola Rowlands - who we're also hoping will be in attendance) plus free stickers for all.
6. The next day The Skooter Farm practice track will be open. If you want to ride let us know in advance. You'll need a tiddler that is well silenced. Skooter Farm don't want it closed down on the first day in a near by secret location.
Wigan is 40 minutes drive from both Manchester and Liverpool airports.
The closest and the cheapest:- literally 100m walk
The Maple Hotel
35 Upper Dicconson Street, Wigan, Lancashire, WN1 2AG
Tel: 01942 243 537
15 Upper Dicconson Street, Wigan, WN1 2AD
Tel: 01942 230 060
Bit further away and a little dearer:-
The Brocket Arms Hotel
38 Mesnes Road, Wigan, Lancashire, WN1 2DD
Tel: 01942 823 800
A drive away (approx.10 mins in car):-
Premier Inn (M6, J25)
Warrington Road, Marus Bridge, Wigan,
Lancashire WN3 6XB
T: 08701 977270
F: 01942 498679