Tuesday 20 September 2011

Co-Built Champion

Anthony Brown of Co-Built is the British Thunderbike champion. Anthony is probably the nicest fella in a paddock full of nice fellas and he won the title on a bike his three-man cooperative designed and built. Co-Built created the 4130-steel frame and swingarm from scratch. They designed and made the yokes (triple clamps), commissioned the twin shocks, made the exhaust...
There are only three adult classes in UK racing: Short track (for DTX bikes, though Thunderbikes can enter); Thunderbikes (air-cooled framers, road-based bikes and any twins or multis inc. XR750s) and mini bikes (bloodthirsty thugs on tuned putt-putts). The Thunderbikes class has had over 20 entries at each of the six rounds this year. Anthony had to fight for it.
There were five complete Co-Built Thunderbikes racing on Saturday night, with plenty more bikes - including the official Suzuki team - using Co-Built parts. Expect a big story on the fellas in Sideburn 9.
Congratulations Anthony. G
UPDATE:
I would just like to add my pat on the back...
Anthony is deceptively fast. On first hearing his "Go Slow To Go Fast" mantra, it seemed preposterous in the extreme. He doesn't ride with the obvious flair of our Italian friends, or the tits out gay abandon of the STUK riders that have defected from professional speedway, he looks more like a sack of spuds. But all the people I have approached about (my awful) technique and the art/science of racing, has an Anthony quote. At Buxton he was explaining to Drogo that "A corner has 2 parts. A beginning and an end. Finish 1 before you start the 2nd". Drogo was jumping up and down that he now had the golden key to success. I still have no clue what he was going on about. Anthony is Yoda (except he doesn't have hairy ears). Yoda we Love you. BP

7 comments:

Marcus @ MarcusMotoDesign said...

Big Congrats, Anthony! Thunderbike Champion sounds cool. :-)

Full Lock or Death!! #29 said...

Legend is right, while he was fighting for the championship, being a third of Co-Built, organising some great flat track events as well as doing his day job he was also supporting total novices like me and Drogo in any way he could just because he's a bloody good bloke. It's five months since I first sat on a flat track bike and had my first race, and he has helped me at every step, from technical improvements to riding technique. I've still got a long way to go, but he's given me a damn good leg up! Cheers Anthony, enjoy it mate, you really deserve it!

Jamie #29

Dr-Ogo said...

Mystic Master, Champion, really annoyingly lovely chap, and he and Geoff are building me a bike.... I bow to the podium of Anthony and his fortune cookies nuggets of flat tracking truth...

dave skooter farm said...

Sack of spuds? Maris Pipers or King Edwards?
Viva the CSR alliance (CoBuilt-SkooterFarm-Redmax)

Anthony Brown said...

I prefer to think more like par boiled new salad potato's with a drizzle of Olive Oil and some black pepper.

Slipery to catch with a fork but taste OK!

Thanks everyone

CSR forever!

Anonymous said...

i second all the above comments, but you can keep your spud covering activities between you and ur missus!!!.
well done geezer.
as for this unholy alliance, now my b.t ridin compatriot has decided to emigrate, i will be teaming up with a rabid coypu next yr, who will ride tailgunner for me, carrying a water pistol loaded wi skunk juice!!!.

Drakey72 said...

I concur steveie, Ant Brown rules. As for the team bear turd I am working on a replacement to aid you in your battle against the unholy alliance until I can put in a guest appearance sometime.(may beat jacopo for the longest distance travelled trophy)Been great ridin with you guys!! Theres still scunny ;)
Life's a race,the best times win!