Thursday 1 April 2010

Sideburn's GI on Killer Diller






The Killer Diller radio show is the soundtrack playing in the background when I’m creating my half of Sideburn, working on my bikes, painting the house, running along the river, well pretty much all my life.
It’s a weekly, 90-minute internet radio show playing very obscure, but rocking records that fall in the categories of garage punk, surf, hard soul, punk, freakbeat, French yeah-yeah and psychedelia-tinged pop. If none of that sounds familiar, don’t worry it’s great stuff.
The show's host is Johnny Alpha, a good friend of Dave Skooter Farm. He’s been booked to play his immense and valuable record collection at festivals and clubs all over Europe and has been broadcasting a show a week for nearly a year. This week I was a guest and took some of my favourite records to mumble about.
Killer Diller runs on Czech beer and Sailor Jerry rum and Coke. It refuels with the best fry-up ever.
If you think Coldplay are the kipper's tits, then it’s probably not for you, but if you like a variety of different music genres you should dig it.
Let me know if you like what you hear. (keep yer trap shut if you don’t, I don’t want to hear it). GI

Download Killer Diller featuring Sideburn’s GI Or go to Johnny Alpha's Myspace to listen without downloading.
See the tracklist.

3 comments:

David Patton said...

"Good times? Axe it Ray!"

Been too long since I've heard Good Times, d/ling in LA NOW!

What may be of interest are podcasts from LA bandleader Joey Altruda - film sounds, jazz, ska, early pop, sleaze, burlesque etc.
http://reservela.net/category/reserveradio/

Probably less st8 trash, surf and garage rock, but possibly something for the quieter hours.

DPLA

BlackCountryBiker said...

Jon Spencer Blues Explosion rock! I got "Kawasaki Z2 750 Rock'n'Roll" as my ringtone... and Damage is never off my i-pod.

missinglink said...

Hey Gary , I just got round to listening to this . You right . I like .