Saturday 16 October 2010

'Ullo John! Gotta New Motor?

Madness Absolutely, 1980, the first album I bought with my pocket money, was musically eclipsed by Ghost Town The Specials, 1981, one of my all time favorite singles (although I didn't crack open my piggy bank at the time). I have absolutely no excuse why in 1982, David Essex Nightclubbing did seem worthy to be my first single. But the same year I made amends with my first picture disc; Alexei Sayle's infectious Ullo John! Gotta New Motor? which is proudly pinned up in my office. Ahh the formative years. BP

3 comments:

Austin said...

that alexi sayle picture disc is amazing, my first foray into the world of vinyl was adam and the ants - stand and deliver

Anders said...

Oh man. Think we got Sky Channel on cable around '84 or '85. Alexei Sayle made a lasting impression. And that hat! So cool.

mark@mwa said...

Nice! That was my first vinyl album too (I'm denying all knowledge/recollection of the 'Disco Explosion' compilation album on cassette I had). It was followed very swiftly with doing up my school tie thin side out and a getting a knock-off Harrington jacket from the local market.