Saturday 11 February 2012

Dirt Quake

UPDATE - TICKETS ON SALE HERE.

Dirt Quake is our next big event. An evening of dirt track mayhem, Saturday 19 May, Coventry Speedway Stadium. The ingredients:

Full UK dirt track Grand National Championship racing
Vintage speedway racing and display
Stunt riders
Vendors
Live band
Road bike run what you brung dirt track
DJ
Bars
Great venue
and...
the UK's first CHOPPER DIRT TRACK RACE
Plus more to be confirmed soon including, we hope, famous name guest racers.

How to get involved.
1. Spectate. Adults £10, under-16s free, over-65s £6. Racing is on from noon, but the main event starts at 4.30.
2. Book a vendor stall. From just £30 plus VAT.
3. Book an autojumble pitch. Only £10 plus VAT.
4. Enter to race in the inappropriate road bike, street tracker or chopper dirt track classes. Only £15. Limited spaces. Great fun. Great prizes. Goodie bags for all involved.

For more info or to ask questions email us at dirt @ sideburnmagazine.com

This poster was designed by Adi Gilbert. Check out the great prints he has for sale at 99 Seconds

21 comments:

Chris said...

Ossum!

Will a Bullet qualify for the inappropriate road bike class?

Sideburn Magazine said...

Chris.Yes. By inappropriate we mean anything that isn't a lightweight dirt bike or supermoto, so BMW GS, Yam R1, Enfield, anything goes. It's a bit of fun and time in the Sideburn spotlight. G

Unlimited Velocity said...

Wow! That was about time ... I can finally race my BSA (maybe I can even talk Jake into this)!!!
Any rules on helmets, boots and clothing?
Hans

Sideburn Magazine said...

HANS! That's great. You were on my invite list. We're going to make it as easy for people to get involved, so the minimum of rules and regs. If you're daft enough to race in it, we're daft enough to let you. G

OUTTACONTROLLA said...

Sounds awesome dudes !
i'm thinking full clip-ons and pudding basin on me Triton ....
Steetracker class will be hectic and Chopper racing will be unmissable !
I'm there .
#59

Nick said...

O' WOW!!!!!!!!

Dr-Ogo said...

I'm in on the XS for the Street Tracker class, bloody better be happy now B...

User.One said...

Mega. Time to sort the diary this year

MKSIM. said...

YEAH !

bikegrim said...

GI is this the opportuntiy to get my smallframe vespa out in front of the turn left faithful? How inappropriate is an Italian shopping bike?

Sideburn Magazine said...

Vespas are perfectly inappropriate. Are you in?
G

bikegrim said...

I'll email you so you can give me the lowdown - posted on the sff as well to see if there's a few of us, G

bikegrim said...

yes I'm in on the vespa - G

sugarlump said...

This looks amazing, put me down as another knobbly tyred vespa!

Cheers,

Ben

Sideburn Magazine said...

The race class regs will be posted on the blog tomorrow. Thanks
Gary

Janne said...

Real cool event. I love the promovideo. I dont have possibility to go myself but I promote the event on my site GARAGEKULTUR.se. Hopefully someone in sweden sees it and will attend.
Cheers Janne

Janne said...

http://www.garagekultur.se/2012/04/10/speedway-med-choppers/

Sideburn Magazine said...

Thanks Janne. Gary

andyeastwood said...

Just can't wait! I'm vibrating with exiting. Mr E

andyeastwood said...

exciting even....haha

Whiskey said...

Posted up at me site to get DQ some extra show, unfortunately can't make it myself! Have a blast!