Monday 19 March 2012

Beat Combo

We've been mentioning Lewis from the band Little Barrie a bit on the blog because he's supplied a brilliant and very personal feature about vintage grasstrack for Sideburn 10. The band has just been touring the US. Flat track racer and SB contributor Greaser Mike went to see Little Barrie in NY.
When Lewis got back off tour he sent us these photos and this message (he said he doesn't look himself in the top photo. He hadn't recovered from the tour yet...). G

The background to the bike is....a good friend of my dad's Kenny White passed away this year, he had keep it in his garage since the 70s (this is an early 70s outfit). His daughter gave it to his old passenger John Smith. All their old grasstrack crowd met at the funeral and it ended up at my dad's garage to be restored. They are all itching to have a go on it. I haven't seen one of these kind of outfits in the flesh since I was 2 yrs old! And very much doubt there are very many around...I know Gerry Wheeler, one of the top riders of his day still does a lap or two on his at big events for show, that's the only other one I know of.
Tour went really well thanks, although I was a broken man by the time I got back. Thanks for hooking us up with Mike Kramer.
Lewis

1 comment:

Greaser Mike said...

Its in his blood, man!!!

Without a doubt some of the nicest guys I've ever met!