Tuesday 7 September 2010

Am I mad?

I love silicone sealant. OK, I hate using it, and by the end of an intense session I tend to look like I've taken moneyshots from the entire sixth form in some bizarre public school initiation. However, it's useful stuff and just lately I've become attached to having a small tube of the gunk in my toolbox. At first, I bought a little tube and immediately regretted forking out stupid money compared to when you buy one of those big, trigger-operated do-the-bathroom jobs.

So... in these days of plastic toothpaste tubes, it seemed to make sense to wash out an empty one, give it a few days to dry, roll it up to get rid of the air, then, like some weird insemination process (of which I honestly have only limited experience), I used a big trigger-tube to fill the little 'un. Tool box joy and more money to spend on electro-shock therapy. MP

8 comments:

KrookStreetRacing said...

You need to get out more:-)

/D

Sideburn Magazine said...

...err I did have my suspicions, but this mate is certifiable doolally box of frogs delerium - Even if it is a brilliant idea. BP

Did I tell the story about the time I was on a bike trip & smered myself all over with toothpaste thinking it was suncream? (it was pitch black & the suncream tube was an identical size).
It did actually have an amazingly cooling effect.
Luckily I didn't have any MP brand silcon with me.

Red Torpedo said...

Genius MP, genius. This creased me up.
BP, why on earth were you putting sun cream on in the pitch black? Isn't the fact it was dark negating the use of suncream/toothpaste?

Sideburn Magazine said...

RT
it was an emergency.
I had sun stroke & didn't realize how roast beef my neck, face, & arms were. To make matters worse I'd ridden my chop onto an isolated island beach of a nature reserve (for birds not nudists) & went for a swim in the buff & grilled the remaining white parts.
When the sun went down I sudenly realized I was on radioactive fire.

Diplomate said...

mmmmmmmm - i wouldn't waste your hard-earned on the therapy - it's obviously too late

Mick P said...

Yeah, thing is, I'm brushing my teeth five times a day to get through more tubes. Tubes. Gotta have more tubes...

TTroncs said...

Excellent idea to take silicone sealant in tooth paste tubes !

As silicone sealant polymerise with air, be sure not to have some air in your tube.

France said...

Great!!!