Tuesday 28 September 2010

Hoarder magazine

I don't know how he did it, but Mark, who created this fanzine, crawled into my head and made Hoarder from my memories. Each issue of the colour photocopied fanzine focusses on a different shoe box full of detritus he never threw away. Different issues have different themes. Some are 60s girlie mags, other are 1990s indie music fanzines, another is a shoe box full of hang tags from clothing. I have about 15 shoe boxes full of 'memories' too. As Mark the editor states.

'Any self respecting visual obssesive knows the golden rule – don’t throw anything away.hoarder magazine exists to document the mountains of stuff the superflake studio cannot bear to throw away. old tickets, football cards, fanzines, hang tags, stickers, magazines, flyers …..you name it superflake saves it. One man's litter is superflake's cultural-can’t bear to part with it-debris. superflake says, ”fuck the ‘life laundry’ dullards!'

Hoarder magazine is from House of Superflake. I think he limits each fanzine to a run of 33 too. I think there might be online editions too. How very 'now'. G

No comments: