Saturday 18 September 2010

Rye House practice

Thanks to Mike Ryan for organizing another Rye House practice on Friday - and fixing the weather.
Had to jump-start my CCM off my Citroën as although the battery was reading 12 volts it wasn't getting through the wiring loom due to the earth cable which is just too poxy and had partially burnt through. Thanks to Steve Red Max and Anthony Co Built for making up for my lack of brain cells. Went for a spin on Rollerball Stevie's frisky Honda CRF450. It's like taking a 19 year old out on the razz. Guy's EXC KTM is very do-able too; made my CCM seem like an Austin Allegro. But honor of honors, tried Steve's mighty H-D XR750. It's as Sherman tank-like as I thought it would be, with as much GRUNT at any revs. On such a short circuit you can just pull off in 2nd keep it there riding straight through/over any obstacles/countries that may get in your way. I kept it rubber side down but Steve binned it on the last session - hope you get it patched up for Sunday's racing mate. BP

CALLING ALL LONDONITES THIS IS THE CLOSEST CIRCUIT
TO LONDON (±50 MINUTES) COME AND HAVE A GANDER!
RACING STARTS AT 1PM

UPDATE:
My middle-aged body takes a few days if not weeks to recover after such exertions, but this time I felt completely fine and flexy. Until the day after, when already having unloaded the bike from my car some hours earlier, I mysteriously put my back out with excruciating consequences. Now I'm on a Dr's prescription cocktail of Diazepam (fabled by the Happy Mondays) and Codeine. Sprinkled with a little Space Dust (which is now called Fizz Wiz due to a fear it would be associated with Angel Dust by school children) I now feel ready to steal the Short Track UK title having come last in every race entered so far - if I don't fall asleep before I cross the finishing line. BP

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm coming.

Anonymous said...

shame you could'nt make the race ben.
your looking smoother out there in practice now!!.