Friday 24 September 2010

Very bad news

We're consciously upbeat on the Sideburn blog, there's enough bad news everywhere else for us to be peddling it too, but I couldn't not post the terrible news that Frank Boast, Pete's dad, was killed when a car knocked him off his Ducati earlier this week. Franco (as I was told to call him) was a lovely fella. I saw him countless times at the short track races, where he'd be helping Pete and Jackie with the bikes and making the meeting happen. I also saw Franco virtually every time I went to Cadwell, as he'd there watching the racing or helping mates.
It was always great to see a dad and lad still doing so much together. He really was a bloke who'll be missed by everyone who met him.
A service will take place at Washingborough Crematorium, Lincoln on Thursday 30th Sept., at 11.10am and all are welcome. GI

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a lovely bloke who always had time for me and my dad.
will be much missed.

Paul said...

Sad, sad news. Never met or knew Frank, but always saw him around the paddock. Condolences to Pete and his family.

paolo chiaia said...

condolences from em too to Frank and his family