Friday 25 October 2013

The World's Wildest Street Tracker

Thanks to Ed for pointing us to this Harley XR750 street tracker US eBay. Below is what the seller says (unedited).
Race engine. Race tyres. Bump start only.
None of you are idiots, but I'll add that this sale is nothing to do with us and we don't know the owner or the bike personally.

2007 XR-750. this is a fresh build, street legal, retired race bike. I had this dream to own an xr that was street legal. if you know xr's, they are hard to find period, then add the street legal part and they are just about impossible. I found this bike partially completed. It has a new C&J frame that is unpainted, just oiled to prevent rust. the body work is all carbon fiber, including the exhaust guard. I was told that the body work was a spare set from Coolbeths Black Beauty. these parts were back-doored out of the factory teams stash on accident. it could mean that this is the second of only two, but I have no way of knowing honestly. they are all unpainted and look great just as they are. the wheels are PM dirt track 19" that are super light. most of the components on the frame are sourced from A&A racing. adjustable triple clamps, handlebar clamps, knock off hub parts, brake brackets, etc. The brakes are both Brembos and work really well. huge 270mm rear rotor because I just used the rotor that would usually be only used. the front rotor is a 320mm with an adapter to the PM hub. front forks are CBR 600 that have been worked over and are adjustable. I have another fork lower leg and wheel hub adapter because I was thinking of adding another brake rotor, but one is more than enough. rear shock is a Penske. seat is a corbin. 

Now for the motor. it was a fresh motor from Rich King, former national #80. he was a factory harley rider with Bill Werner tuning. both guys together built this motor with intentions to race. I was told it was first ran at Springfield for qualifying and started using oil so it was sidelined for another motor for the race. a post race tear down found that it had a valve guide slip which caused the oil loss. it was repaired and left unused. I spoke with King after I bought the bike and he confirmed the story. the story is that it has only 25 laps or so on it. rumored to make over 100hp, but I have no dyno proof. notice that the serial number is 001. both cases match and have no repairs. I was able to talk to Harley race dept for info on the vin. they also confirmed that the motor was a Rich King motor. two Sudco prepped carbs, PVL dual ignition, 2 plug heads ported by s&s, titanium valves, Darcy intakes, BWR wet clutch, stainless stepped exhaust, supertrapp mufflers. always runs on race gas, and has been tuned by a well known super tuner Brian Billings in my hometown. 

I have installed a battery to run the lights, it has no charging system, so its a total loss electrical. its a small dry cell battery and holds more than enough of a charge to run several tanks of fuel before needing a re-charge. there is a separate switch to turn the lights on and off. I have not added any tabs or mounts that would not come back off in case this bike was used to race again. small single mirror. 

The bike is a blast to ride. if you like huge power, and lots of wheelies, this is the bike for you. gets awesome mileage (not really). I have never parked next to another one while cruising town. it can be bumped started unless you are old and can not run. in that case always ride with a buddy that can. I have a remote starter that works really well that comes with it. I have maybe 300 miles on it total, but it has no speedometer/odometer. just take my word for it.

17 comments:

Marcus @ MarcusMotoDesign said...

Impressive and very cool!
Unpainted frame and all carbon bodywork is a cool mix. Thsi is the new top level for cool street trackers. Someone need to buy it and bring it to Dirt Quake III. Cheers, Marcus

Guy@GK said...

I'm buying it.

KrookStreetRacing said...

Be still, my beating heart.

-BaRoN- said...

boy oh boy

Unknown said...

wow! I look at this blog daily and today my bike was up.. lots of inspiration from this blog.

Sideburn Magazine said...

Brad, this is your bike? It's amazing.
Gary

Unknown said...

yup! its mine. didnt think it would make the mag all the way across the pond.

Sideburn Magazine said...

Brad
I wish we could've got some good photos of you out and about on it for the magazine.
Gary

Unknown said...

if you want to send a rider out and flog this thing. have at it. I love to see and hear it at full tilt.

Sideburn Magazine said...

Brad
please email us at dirt @ sideburnmagazine.com
to see if we can arrange something.
Please give details of where you live
Thanks
Gary

Marcus @ MarcusMotoDesign said...

Brad, you are a hero! Love your bike!

Unknown said...

thanks Marcus for the compliment. big fan of your bikes. way cool

OILY RAG said...

holey shit..............
i can't see a price . that obviously means that i can't afford it.
Rob

OILY RAG said...

ok i just seen the Ebay. a race motor alone would cost more than that but i still aint got the cash, Unless someone wants a massive house building??

Unknown said...

Gary, send out an email for you to be able to get in contact with me. Brad

Unknown said...

Gary, send out an email for you to be able to get in contact with me. Brad

Drakey72 said...

hmm.. carbon fibre, bare metal(but without the oil to stop rust) reminds me of my trusty old steed! Rider available if u need G!!!